Monday, November 21, 2011

Forty Below

Alaska has dipped into her first cold spell of the winter season. Minus 40 has been the temp for a few days now and we have broken several cold day records this week here in the interior. The animals have been coming around our little cabin on the river. Today coyote was trolling the river bank looking for food, a cross fox and a silver fox have been frequenting the scrap pile we have seen them a few times and they are really looking fat and sassy. The bald eagle flew south towards Haines last week just before the cold weather arrived. The White Rabbit still is alive and kicking out there, which is good we didn't know if a tame bunny would make it. He seems to do well eating the sunflower seeds we put out for the birds and I throw him a couple of carrots and grapes everyday which is devours. So I guess life in the Alaska wilderness is going fine just chugging along. I got myself a treadmill for this winter and have been walking everyday. The weight loss has been wonderful for me and I am feeling spry..Should have bought one years ago. Happy Thanksgiving !

No comments:

Post a Comment