Friday, September 30, 2011

Alone at Last?

 Could it be? Is our little cabin on the river that has been bursting at the seams with 8 folks 3 of them little ones, finally going to be just dad and I? Our quaint little cabin has been packed through the events in family life that sometimes you can't do anything about but protect your kids, or give them a leg up. I am not complaining at all, its has been wonderful every single day. Maybe a lot of projects were put on hold, but they were replaced by sweet little faces and warm hugs!
Today the daughter and her 3 girls made their move to a new apartment. I pray for her it isn't easy raising a large family alone.
Son and his girlfriend are moving out next week and starting college YEAH SON!  I hope it doesn't sound mean but I am already planning a total interior makeover. I will be making a big move on organizing and lightening the load of stuff that has magically appeared here and no one seems to know who's it is or where it came from. Believe me I will not have any problem donating it to someone else. I'm going to paint the wood floor cranberry zing, and buy some of those oval old fashioned braided rugs and a round table or two. Finally I will get the new appliances and the wing back chairs I have dreamed of for decades. Life is good. I see flowers popping up everywhere and I smell a wind of good fortune coming my way!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment